Saturday, January 1, 2011

"You love me, but you hate me"


Why is it that the people that you love so much or that claim to love you hurt you so badly? I’ve never understood this and if I live a hundred years I will never be able to grasp the understanding of it. I often wonder why is it because, I don’t love you enough? Is it because I would die for you? Are my sacrifices not pleasing to you? Is it that I’m not your favorite? Is it because I am not beautiful enough? Is it because I lack the femineity that other woman have? Maybe I’m not smart enough? Or perhaps I don’t deserve the respect that other human beings do? I mean this is a country that denies me of the basic freedoms and rights that heterosexuals receive. What can it be that I have done to deserve such treatment.


If I were a child I would continue on with line of questioning, blaming myself for the maltreatment that I continue to receive on a daily basis. However “When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish things ways behind me.” 1 Cor. It would be incomprehensible for someone to blame the treatment they received from others on themselves. However it is within human nature to seek out reasons for why those that are supposed to love, admire, and adore you by either friendship, blood relations, or time known, would ever have reason to mistreat you. Any educated person or reason would first seek inward to find out any question that their heart or mind desires the answer for. In the mirror of this world the first image we see is our own reflection, someone who looks in the mirror and sees someone else’s reflection is deeply in need of serious mental attention, or is blinded by someone that they are places in front of themselves causing a blockage of their own view. So once I’ve have passed the stage of checking into my own image than where shall I turn to seek out the understanding that surpasses my knowledge?

In the Bible when Paul writes his letters to the people of Corinth (the Corinthians), he starts out chapter 13, of his letter by writing these words, “And no I will show you the most excellent way.” Any human being with or without the belief in God, a god any other form or being in the world that does not know what he is about to say does not have any understanding of life at all. Because for within these following sentences Paul writes if Love, one of the most common feelings in this world that without this there would be NOTHING that differentiates the human from the lowliest of animals on this planet. If one were to disagree than I would challenge them to name anything in this world that would NOT be affect by the loss of the emotion love.

Even as a society of human beings that are by nature and nurture taught, given and raised by this principle of love, many many people still don’t know how to execute the act of showing one another LOVE. Before I get to far off into this topic I will transcribe the text in which the meaning of love is defined; “If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind/ It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude. it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.” People often read things written in the bible and make the assumption that they need a minister, pastor or preacher to explain things to them, or they listen to someone else’s explanation and forsake their own knowledge and understand, any words that are ever written in your native tongue can be understood by you without the need of a teacher.

A person can be wealthy, so wealthy that it’s ignorant, however without love for someone or from someone what good does all their wealth bring them? If a person has intelligence to the point of being a genius what good is this if they have no one to love, or no one loves them in return? If we were a world devoid of love, what would be our reasoning for living from day to day? One that lives without love can’t even love themselves enough to even maintain their own lives. The basic family structure would no longer exist, child births would decline, therefor those children also born would be unloved raised without love, or the knowledge of the things that comes from loving one another.

Even with love in the world, it remains to be understood why people treat those that they love poorly. Well has human beings I understand that we can not always be as perfect in our actions against one another but if there is in our hearts forms any form of love than there would be less neglectful, hurtful words or actions towards those that we are supposed to love. People that can only love those that are in blood relation to them are also lacking the desire or knowledge of the true meaning of the word. I have searched high and I have searched low, even in he dictionary love is defined as;
love |ləv|
noun
1 an intense feeling of deep affection : babies fill parents with intense feelings of love | their love for their country.
• a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone : it was love at first sight | they were both in love with her | we were slowly falling in love.
• ( Love) a personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid.
• a great interest and pleasure in something : his love for football | we share a love of music.
• affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf.
• a formula for ending an affectionate letter : take care, lots of love, Judy.
2 a person or thing that one loves : she was the love of his life | their two great loves are tobacco and whiskey.
• Brit., informal a friendly form of address : it's all right, love.
• ( a love) Brit., informal used to express affectionate approval for someone : don't fret, there's a love.

I still quest to find the answer for this but one of the most simplistic answers that I have come up with is that “If someone mistreats you and they claim to love you, they simply DO NOT love you!” Tracie B. Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment