Sunday, January 23, 2011

...a lonely walk


As much as I enjoyed the view, your touch, your time, your words I am left not where I had started but now even further behind in my goals. The view was distracting, but not mine to enjoy. The view was tempting but something many were aloud to lay eyes upon. The view was amazing, but left me looking for something that made the smile on my face an in my heart last longer than a fading glance. The view was of the devil, something that I wanted to see but that lead me away from the beauty already around me.

The touch was softer than cotton, creamier than fresh churned butter, and sweeter than a sugar cane. Within it I would've lived out my life, within it I could have died, within it I could have lost my sorrows. However within it I was lulled into a false sense of comfort and hope. Within it I found my dreams becoming nightmares, my accomplishments becoming failures, my desires becoming unfruitful. My fingers longer for such a touch, however to go deeper beyond the package I found damages unclaimed, heartache unhealed, love given away to freely, hatred for ones self and demise to the temple that God hath built to be worshiped. Within this touch I was tainted, tempted and lost, for it was just as deep as the puddle that lays upon the ground. This touch wasn't for me to rejoice in but to be pulled into and lost from my path.

The time was short, but left bitter sweet memories, of something that wasn't real but only for me to see. Time that was taken from the walk I had started long ago, losing my way was only but a distraction from the peace in which my soul had been longing. Time that can't be taken back but only consumed by the devilish thoughts that used up this space. Time that I could have saved my own self from the fortress of distress that my heart now lives in. Time that I could have used begging my God to forgive my missteps, for his guidance I still need to get pack to my walk.

Now that my focus is back, my soul is more weary than that of a young slave child. My path is that of the lonely one who lays all alone, making my way towards my goals. Alone in the night, scared of the dark, as a child forced to grow up much to fast, I look towards my path and embrace this simple task. For I am the only one who has to walk in these shoes, for my size isn't yours, nor is my destination. For one day you'll find your end is not where mine is to be, the love I had for you is as real as life to me, the time I spent was well worth the lesson learned, the devil has many distractions to come, with my eyes bound and focused I shall bypass everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment