Friday, March 19, 2010

Trapped in her own body. . . . . . .


This blog is for my sister her name is Nicole Reed she's suffering from Multiple sclerosis. I once was dating a female who lived in White Marsh, MD, she was I thought at the time the complete and utter love of my life. So much so I left my place in which I had just moved into, to attend school & live with her during the week & visit my home on weekends. I thought this would've been a great idea until I realized that much of what she was & had told me about were just lies, a fake persona in which she was living to fool not only myself but everyone looking in on her life. My time there had went from the best in my life to the worst, she broke my heart & made my life a living hell. My sister Nikki talked to me on one of my many unhappy days, she told me something I will never forget, she said "she was trapped in her body, a body that could no longer move,she said you have no reason to stay some where you do not want to be, you have the means & power to go some where else and leave this unhappy situation." My sister told me that no matter what I would decide to do that she would be there for me, and she was. I dropped out of Morgan State University, packed my few things & returned home. I lost a semester at a wonderful school, many friends, fourteen thousand dollars and some great experiences. BUT I gained something that no one can ever take away from me, the knowledge that I have one of the best big sisters in the world, and the sense to know that I have the power to control my own happiness. Never again will I be some where that I do not want to be, or will I become a prisoner to someones hateful life no matter how much I love them nor how much I worry about losing what I had invested in them. To read more about MS there are a few links below.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/index.aspx

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/DS00188


No comments:

Post a Comment