Monday, August 17, 2009

Are parents raising their children? Or just opening the door an sending them outside to play?

Good Evening,

I'm sitting here on Moreland Road in Willow Grove, nestled in this quite
community just minutes outside of the noise, crime and filth of
Philadelphia, PA. It's pretty dark outside because street lights are few and far between one another. It's really quite here at night usually except for my ghetto complex filled with old drunks and young fake scared hustlers that rarely travel outside of a five mile radius. Any
way I'm watching a bunch of, what looks like 12 year old skate boarding
and cursing their little ignorant heads off. No, the police haven't stopped passed and moved them on even though their on private property, Yes, the police did drive past in the last few minutes but of course the children don't have the 'complexion' to draw attention from the police.
However these prepubescent nuisance were causing much attention to those near by them, throwing skate boards, screaming at each other, every other word being a four letter one, all this within this sleepy quite well patrolled shopping area.
My actual attitude wasn't with just their behavior or even with the lack
of action from Abington nor Upper Moreland's 'finest' even though they played a large part in that. However I'm wondering where their parents minds were at this moment in time. I mean it's 10pm, rather dark in the burbs, there are many trees, few lights, I mean even at a certain time some of the traffic lights are even turned off or blinking yellow. Out of the three young men the largest appeared to weigh a hundred and twenty pounds soak'n wet! The other two were barely four feet tall, and might not have even weighed a hundred pounds. Now this was maybe a hundred yards from the mall and feet away from closed stores. Why aren't they
even thinking of heading home? Is it just that parents don't place strict enough demands on their children during the summer months? I mean I've got a nine year old and even though we live in a some what peaceful neighborhood, but a rather rough complex I'd NEVER let my child play outside a mist the darkness of night.

These same people are the faces I see when I watch 48 Hours Mystery, claiming 'that things like this don't happen here!' I mean bad things happen EVERY WHERE, especially when parents aren't mindful of where their children are. Danger lurks every where, other children may do something when bored that maybe harmful or dangerous to themselves as
well as others. Within this area there are a number of registered sex offenders as well as other types of criminals that aren't required to register their location. People often think these types of criminals are minorities or are located in so called 'urban' areas like Philadelphia. But within neatly manicured lawns and large southern style homes, or neat little ranchers live the same types of people that reside in all the other areas. It's just quietly kept, secretly cleaned and hidden away. It's the type of criminal to fear, the one that's able to hide
amongst the walls of suburbia. Another thing is what types of things their saying or doing when their not around. I'm sure people know whether or not their children curse
when they think no ones listening. All a parent has to do is keep on open ear when your child's on the phone, or with a friend in the room when they think your out of ear shot! I mean come on what happened to the detective in people? I'm a watcher, I notice things that happen that
others don't, I feel people's feelings, I study eye movement, facial movements that let onto a person's feelings or thoughts. I watch, I listen, I talk, I question, I focus, I feel, I perceive what's happened, happening and yet to come. I used to think everyone was like me, but I know their not now. I connect with few people from time to time that are like me, I wish more parents would be like myself, more people need to be in tuned with what's happening around them. Maybe people would be better to one another, maybe people would be able to get together and really change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment